Barber Pigging Valve is an established, reliable, and effective way of sending and receiving pipeline pigs. For decades this valve has proven its reliability in the oil & gas industry and continues to be the most cost effective environmental friendly solution to any pigging requirement. The valve sizes range from 2″ through 8″.
Figure 13 Barber Pigging Valve
The Barber pigging valve design is a simple, safe and convenient way to insert and remove flow line pigs. It eliminates excessive equipment and reduces the number of operations, thus limiting expenses and loss of product.
- Materials meet API specification 6-A & 6-D, for low temperature -46C (-50F)
- A.C.E standard MR-01-75 for sour service
- The Valve Ball is type 300 stainless steel, surface hardened by Nitrating to resist scratching & corrosion.
- Various valve coatings or material options available for customer specifications
- Seat carriers are type 300 stainless steel with seat inserts of various materials to meet specified applications.
- The 2″ & 3″ Barber Pigging Valves have a seat supported ball.
- The 4″ through 8″ Barber Pigging Valves have a trunnion-mounted ball to reduce low turning torque.
- On flow line applications that transition from 2″ to 3″ or from 3″ to 4″ the larger valve can be installed to receive and send both sizes of pigs thus simplifying applications and reducing costly expenses.
- Over-sized entry bore to accept swollen pigs
- Entry cap vent holes to provide positive release of trapped pressure before removal.
- Bleed valve connections (1/2″ NPT) to facilitate a choice between venting and draining
- Integral Flanges
- Easy shop/field maintenance.
- Replacement parts and seal kits are readily available
- Positive stop plate is easily repositioned 90 degrees on the operating stem to accommodate flow direction.
- Operating stem is easily marked to verify the position of the ball
- Cap lugs ensure that pigs are fully inserted into the ball cavity eliminating binding when rotating the valve
Enhanced Design Features
- New seat pocket & seat design features to incorporate sealant fittings allow for on-site servicing
Saf-T-Matic ESD Valve
This is an essential component for all flow line applications. It is a highly dependable safety valve which automatically controls the shutdown of flow lines when pressures exceed, or fall below, pre-determined limits.
This Valve can be used in various applications including oil well flow lines, gas lines, hydraulic lines, or in any situation requiring high and low pressure limits.
It provides complete line protection of high pressure overloads and/or loss of fluids in the case of a line rupture. The working pressure for the Saf-T-Matic Valve ranges from 15 psi to 15,000 psi
Figure 14 Saf-T Matic ESD Valve
The Saf-T-Matic surface shut-down valve is held open by control pressure in the Direct Control, Remote Control or Pilot Control Head. A loss of this control pressure, or a mechanical failure within the unit, will close the valve without the assistance from another power source.
Once the Saf-T-Matic closes, it must be opened manually to return it to service. This safety feature prevents accidental automatic opening before desired or required. The balanced stem of the valve allows ease of reopening against high body pressures.
The Saf-T-Matic offers several safety system shutdown options including Direct Operated, Remote Operated, Pilot Operated and in combination with other devices and equipment as required by the customer.
Saf-T-Matic valves can be matched to any standard connection and may be installed on wellheads, flow lines and at many other points requiring safety shutdown systems.
Wide Operating Ranges
The Saf-T-Matic valve can operate with control pressures ranging from 15—15,000psi.
Bore alignment reduces flow turbulence, erosion and pressure drop. Pressure drop is taken at the outlet seat to reduce the possibility of formation of hydrates in the valve.
The Saf-T-Matic does not vent to atmosphere. This reduces or eliminates the possibility of freezing of the control head Mechanism.
Pressure settings of the Control Heads may be changed in the field while the valve is in service.
Elite Oil & Gas Engineering Services
19 Tombia Street Opposite Polo Club
GRA, Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Along Airport Road, Port Harcourt, Nigeria