LEVEL 1 PD TRAINING
LEVEL 1 PD TRAINING (CPD APPROVED)
The online level 1 Training course provides the foundation to PD, covering the basics of how and why PD begins, detection and measurement using On-line and Off-line techniques.
Level 1 PD Training
Introduction to Partial Discharge Testing
3.5 CPD points awarded once successfully completed and exam passed
- About 4 hours online session
- Designed for anyone new to PD
- Persons who wants to understand the fundamentals in order to detect and locate PD on their network
Experienced people with PD knowledge and/or our Level 1 certification can progress to level 2.
Modules (Each module is about an hour)
- Introduction to Partial Discharge
- Overview of On-line PD testing
- Overview Off-line PD Testing
- On-line Level 1 PD Exam
Once the course is completed, participants are expected to understand the basics of PD Testing and monitoring techniques, methodology and having insight that can be used to support condition-based maintenance. The knowledge acquired will be tested during the Level 1 examination.
Our PD engineers are always available to do justice to you, should there be need for clarifications.
- Materials meet API specification 6-A & 6-D, for low temperature -46C (-50F)
- A.C.E standard MR-01-75 for sour service
- The Valve Ball is type 300 stainless steel, surface hardened by Nitrating to resist scratching & corrosion.
- Various valve coatings or material options available for customer specifications
- Seat carriers are type 300 stainless steel with seat inserts of various materials to meet specified applications.
- The 2″ & 3″ Barber Pigging Valves have a seat supported ball.
- The 4″ through 8″ Barber Pigging Valves have a trunnion-mounted ball to reduce low turning torque.
- On flow line applications that transition from 2″ to 3″ or from 3″ to 4″ the larger valve can be installed to receive and send both sizes of pigs thus simplifying applications and reducing costly expenses.
- Over-sized entry bore to accept swollen pigs
- Entry cap vent holes to provide positive release of trapped pressure before removal.
- Bleed valve connections (1/2″ NPT) to facilitate a choice between venting and draining
- Integral Flanges
- Easy shop/field maintenance.
- Replacement parts and seal kits are readily available
- Positive stop plate is easily repositioned 90 degrees on the operating stem to accommodate flow direction.
- Operating stem is easily marked to verify the position of the ball
- Cap lugs ensure that pigs are fully inserted into the ball cavity eliminating binding when rotating the valve
Enhanced Design Features
- New seat pocket & seat design features to incorporate sealant fittings allow for on-site servicing
Elite Oil & Gas Engineering Services
19 Tombia Street Opposite Polo Club
GRA, Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Along Airport Road, Port Harcourt, Nigeria